Fusion Fire Engineering is the specialist company within the HCD Group that delivers our range of fire safety engineering services. It is an expanding national consultancy that provide solutions to all aspects of fire safety design across the construction sector.
Fusion Fire Engineering designs and co-ordinates fire safety strategies from inception to completion. Early involvement allows us to bring cutting edge commercial concepts to the design process, positively impacting on project economics. A watching brief through the construction stage ensures late stage design changes are minimised.
We utilise all of the current international technical guidance and tools available and we are at the forefront of legislative change. This enables us to formulate a more risk-based approach to design by quantifying design decisions whilst also factoring client requirements such as asset protection and business continuity. We have wide experience in innovative solutions that fall outside of the “code compliant” category, providing a methodology for building design based on the application of scientific and engineering principles.
We have a proven track record of providing bespoke solutions, tailored for each client, meeting – and wherever possible exceeding – our client’s project aspirations. We pride ourselves in taking the time to understand our client’s objectives and then using the wealth of experience within our team to help realise these goals.
We believe that this approach sets us firmly at the forefront of our industry. It enables us to maximise the commercial potential of each project, providing flexibility to realise clients’ aesthetic desires while maintaining a robust level of safety for all eventual users of each development.
- Fire safety strategies compliant with the UK Building Regulations
- Fire safety strategies based on international codes (e.g. NFPA)
- Fully fire engineered fire safety strategies using the principles of BS 7974 and other associated fire engineering documents
- Fire strategy drawings
- Fire Risk Assessments
- Fire safety management plans
- Smoke control calculations using basic zone models
- Advanced smoke control calculations using Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) analyses
- Structural fire protection analyses using the Time Equivalency Method
- Thermal radiation analyses to assess the risk of external fire spread