Building Regulations in the UK are complex and likely to become ever more onerous with the introduction of future Regulations driven by legislation. Unsurprisingly, many leading organisations in the construction sector are coming… Read more »
What We Do
An increasing number of organisations are enjoying the benefits of HCD’s unique range of integrated services (see list of services below). As well as aiding our clients to minimise risk and gain maximum value from the compliance process, we are active in helping to raise standards of sustainable development, health and safety and ongoing maintenance during occupation.
Fusion Fire Engineering is the specialist company within the HCD Group that delivers our range of fire safety engineering services. It is an expanding national consultancy that provide solutions to all aspects of fire… Read more »
The 2015 CDM Regulations have changed the way in which health & safety is managed during the procurement, design and build phases of a construction project. In response to the changes in Regulations,… Read more »
The HCD Group offers a full range of civil and structural engineering services to support clients throughout the development process. From initial reports and feasibility studies for planning, to detailed design at construction… Read more »
Meeting the Challenges of Approved Document L Wales The proposed New Regulations were made on 21st January 2014 and will come into force on 31st July 2014, the primary aims are to achieve:… Read more »
We offer a wide range of management services to the whole development process from inception to completion, ensuring our clients achieve their objectives as efficiently and cost effectively as possible. Project Management HCD’s… Read more »
Our group of companies offers clients a number of distinct advantages:
- We are able to provide a co-ordinated solution to our clients by leveraging our experience and knowledge from all our Group companies to a single point
- On a given project, independently or in partnership with Group companies, the client benefits from a superior delivery team who have a wider remit of skills gained through the co-operation and support of the Group
- Efficiency, administration savings and economies of scales are achieved through the appointment of a multi-disciplined consultant
- Potential to increase the nett to gross area ratio for varying types of development. We consider this to be a unique service that is offered by no other consultant in the UK and one that can give our clients real cost and practical benefits that will pay dividends throughout the construction phase and more importantly during the project’s ‘working life’
- National coverage through our network of nine UK offices ensures a consistent and uniform delivery of excellence.
Sustainability requirements for public buildings are becoming increasingly stringent, with pressure to minimise carbon emissions. Through our in-depth understanding of the most up to date Building Regulations we are at the forefront of this exciting trend, helping to set the benchmark for sustainable design through careful consultation with clients and stakeholders.
“In the current competitive climate relationships and strong communications are key to success. Our client links are strong and we believe this comes from our desire to continuously improve our service delivery, whilst seeking to understand and embrace our client’s needs. This sits alongside a refusal to embrace complacency.”
Steve Highwood, Director, HCD Group